A guide to getting your confident, distinctive, and healthy smile back with dental implants
Our approach to dentistry at Tooth Architect Dental Care is deeply rooted in minimalist, preventative, and holistic principles. Fundamentally, Dr. Shiva Talebi appreciates many of the conditions that lead to tooth loss are highly preventable. So, Dr. Talebi emphasizes building close, one-on-one partnerships with patients to identify and address enamel erosion, decay, and other problems early on — before they cause irreversible damage to the teeth, gums, and surrounding tissues. And when a tooth cannot be preserved, she recommends prompt treatment with modern options such as dental implants.
Distinctive dentistry with implants
Implants are just one part of modern replacement teeth. The implant is designed in such a way as to mimic the structure of a natural tooth root. As such, it is shaped like a cylinder. This cylindrical-shaped post is also made from a biocompatible or tissue-friendly material like titanium or zirconia.
The implant is precisely positioned in the jaw by hand-selected surgeons whom Dr. Talebi trusts and has worked with for years. The biocompatible material fuses or joins naturally and safely to the surrounding, supportive bony tissue. This is followed by the placement of a connector (abutment) and a crown by Dr. Talebi. Additional implants may also be positioned and secured in the jaw to support or retain many replacement teeth as part of an implant bridge or denture. In fact, as few as four implants can be applied to stabilize an upper or lower denture for full-mouth reconstruction.
Implants offer many advantages over traditional tooth replacement services, including:
- They replicate the natural structure of healthy teeth.
- By mimicking the design of a natural, healthy tooth, the implant-supported prosthetic optimally replicates the natural aesthetics and function.
- These systems are a conservative alternative to traditional “partials” and bridges and are not very stable due to bone loss.
- They are designed to last a lifetime with good oral care at home and at our office.
- Implant-retained restorations stop or prevent the devastating effects of bone loss by helping to keep the supportive tissue in the jaw strong.
- Implant teeth are generally hassle-free; these dentures do not require ongoing relining and rebasing to ensure a sustained proper fit. They maintain their fit because the tissues in the jaw stay strong and do not resorb or shrink.
Mini-implants may be an option for patients with bone loss who are not candidates for grafting or other procedures to prepare and build up the bone before implant placement. These narrower implants are considered a minimalist and “graft-less” alternative to standard implant placement.
Dr. Talebi specializes in restoring dental implants that oral surgeons have placed. With years of experience and expertise, Dr. Talebi is dedicated to providing the highest quality care to patients seeking implant restoration services. Whether you need a single implant or a full-arch restoration, Dr. Talebi will work closely with you to achieve the best possible outcome.
Call (404) 666-8066 with questions or simply stop by our office in Sandy Springs, GA.